Key Account Manager
Reports to: National Sales Manager
Ardisam is an employee-owned company based in the heart of the Midwest. Passion drives our business as we work to become the most well-known name in various outdoor industries including hunting, ice fishing, gardening, camping and more. Since 1960, our Cumberland, Wisconsin Headquarters houses our rapidly growing team of over 130 employees. Our commitment to innovation and quality has been exceeding customer expectations for decades with no sign of slowing down. Our brands include but are not limited to: Earthquake Power Equipment, Eskimo Ice Fishing, Ion Ice Fishing, Rivers Edge Treestands, Barronett Blinds, Yardbird Chicken Pluckers, and Fusion Drill Powered Tools.
This position is responsible for building, managing, growing, and maintaining strategic account relationships with key customers while achieving strategic account objectives including sales and profit growth quotas. The Key Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and assuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Maintains and grows Ardisam’s strong relationship with assigned key customer accounts in line with global sales strategy.
- Utilizes sales abilities to help the Company holistically reach its brand, product, and financial objectives across multiple product lines.
- Effectively employs all available forms of communication (phone calls, emails, etc.) to secure sales with existing customers and new customers.
- Creates and executes yearly sales/marketing plans with assigned accounts for all brands.
- Forecasts and meets sales targets as established by customer by month.
- Manages 5-20 key accounts while prospecting 15-30 others.
- Penetrates assigned key accounts by:
- Selling new or additional products or services to current buyers; and/or
- Finding new accounts within the marketing; and/or
- Selling additional customer locations.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Anticipates potential service, operations and/or financial problems, and monitors customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers' expectations.
- Possesses the ability to delegate responsibilities and work effectively with the Key Account Administrator and other departments within the organization.
- Provides excellent account management, utilizing sales tools such as assortment.
- Maintains accurate customer records utilizing CRM and ERP software.
- Communicates and informs retail partners of forthcoming marketing strategies, to ensure effective product sell-ins and coordination of product release at retail.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Provides timely and effective reporting that offers visibility into sales trends vs. goals, highlights opportunities and threats and gives insight into retail reality.
- Educates him/herself with up-to-date product knowledge and assumes responsibility for training retailer's personnel.
- Understands Ardisam’s vision, mission, and values and ensures that all selling efforts conform to corporate values and standards.
- Assists other Account Managers with customers outside the assigned account base when required.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of proven sales experience
- Self-motivated and driven
- Experience working with a CRM system
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- 4-year business degree strongly preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time
- Outdoor and sporting goods experience preferred
- Premium consumer products experience preferred
- Proven track record delivering on defined sales objectives
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer Contributions
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (Dependent)
- Employee Discount
Duration of Employment: Full Time
Travel: Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time
Work Days: Monday – Friday
Hours / Day: 8 hours per day
Work Shift: First Shift
Ardisam, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ardisam, Inc. is a Substance Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.
To Apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5665158