Product Development Engineer – Hunting & ATV Products
Reports to: Director of Product Development Business Unit 2
We are an American company based in the heart of the Midwest, where the seasons shape the products we build. We live the outdoor rural lifestyle and we use our products. We design our products to be the best, and we also feature world class customer service. We have been making innovative outdoor product since 1960.
This position is responsible for execution of new product development projects and maintaining existing SKUs within the hunting & ATV categories. This role is responsible for various phases of product development, from initial conception to final production. Product Development Engineers work with CAD designers/engineering co-ops, prototyping technicians, quality staff, sales staff and Asian vendors to ensure that their designs are efficient to manufacture, successful in the marketplace and reliable in the field. The ability to analyze and solve problems effectively as well as making good decisions are imperative to the success of this position.
· Manage new product development projects per agreed upon timelines
· Maintain existing SKUs within the hunting and ATV categories
· Create 3D models and 2D drawings using Solid Works software
· Effectively communicate project status updates to management by maintaining detailed project timelines and regular project update meetings
· Commitment to project timelines and consistently meeting deadlines
· Assist in developing and building supply chains, mainly in Asia, for product sourcing
· Travel to Asian suppliers 1-2 times per year to develop new products, build relationships, support production and meet shipping schedules
· Effectively and concisely communicate both verbally and written with Asian suppliers
· Prove concepts/designs and construct prototypes with related team members
· Help to develop and document quality plans and expectations with related team members
· Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry standards
· Be knowledgeable within the product development/engineering segments of companies ERP system
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of engineering standards within the category
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of technical documentation within the category
Qualifications and Skills:
· Proficient in the use of Solid Works or other computer-aided design software applications
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload from multiple projects
· Detail oriented and strong time management and organization skills
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Hard work ethic and the ability to take on responsibility
· Strong mechanical aptitude, hands-on experience and understanding of metal products and manufacturing methods (bending, stamping, welding, extruding, etc.)
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Teams)
· 2+ years of 3D modeling, engineering drawing experience
· Experience and passion for the outdoors such as hunting, ATV riding and camping is a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar. Those with 2-year technical degree and 3+ years of consumer design experience will also be considered.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Personal Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent), Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions, Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Compensation: Salaried Position
Duration of Employment: Full Time
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Hours / Day: 8
Work Shift: First Shift
Travel: 20% travel is required
Ardisam, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ardisam, Inc. is a Substance Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.